Lieu : Brussels
Région : Belgique
Rattachement : Apside Belgique
Type d'offre : Emploi
Expérience : 2/5 ans
Activité : Systèmes embarqués, Ingénierie industrielle
Software GIS Developer
What if you joined Apside Belgium to work on the challenging projects of tomorrow?
ABOUT YOU ?
– You are comfortable with software configuration and change management processes and tools, and have a good foundation in GIS Development
– And you speak English and enjoy working in a team, so…
This Software GIS Developer position is for you!
You will be part of the Engineering team of the company.
You will be performing your mission at the customer’s premises, located in Brussels. You will be part of a multinational team developing the software functions of the ATM network manager. The working language is English, French is an asset.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFILE :
The following qualifications shall be provided by the Software candidate:
- A formal bachelor degree or higher in Software Engineering. In case this is not available, the equivalent through professional experience and professional training, is possible with approval from the customer,
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills,
- Convinced of the importance of integrating automatic regression tests as part of the coding activities,
- Good team member,
- Experience in using software configuration and change management processes and tools,
- Experience with OO design and development techniques,
- Experience with Agile development methodologies,
- Quality minded,
- Ability to write/contribute to design documents,
- Ability to work under tight schedules and pressure.
The following qualification may optionally be requested:
- Experience on the provision of 24/7 on call services to production environment,
- Ability to provide 24/7 or 15/7 on-call service.
In addition, the profile shall comprise the following skills:
- Experience with software design of high availability systems
- Experience in design of user-friendly user interfaces, usability-minded design skills
- Experience in developments with GIS (Geographic Information System) software in a Java environment for Swing and for web applications (WMS, WFS)
- Experience in web based map applications (WMS, WFS), and interactive map applications over the web
- Experience of developments with LuciadLightspeed and LuciadRia
- Good knowledge of geometrical systems
- Experience in GIS libraries other than LuciadLightspeed and LuciadRia
- Experience with the development of software layers using communication protocols
- Experience with open source tools based on Java technology and Java IDE like Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA
- Experience with JUnit and profiling tools
- Unix or Linux, including knowledge of a scripting language such as , Bash, Korn-shell
- Knowledge of code generation (experience on code generation techniques/tools based on formal models)
- Java programming skills (from 1 to 6 Years)
- Ability to work on complex systems
- NM business knowledge
- Very good algorithmic thinking skills
- Ability to absorb large amounts of complex information (being able to work on and maintain a huge code base)
- Stress resistant, autonomy, sense of initiative
- Versatility and flexibility
- Customer driven and quality oriented
- Interdisciplinary and creative, end-to-end commitment, focused and persistent
Team player, listening and communication skills, English proficiency mandatory
Good reasons to join Apside
A start-up spirit with the stability of a large group, which promotes agility, teamwork and proximity. While Apside continues to expand its already strong family of more than 3000 consultants, we are looking for our new talents!
- Participate and animate our technical evenings (Project Lab, Test Lab…),
- Become a speaker (Devoxx, DevFest, NCraft…),
- Join the Apside Academy (Meet up Agiles, Coding snacks …),
- Develop your network (Quarterly evenings, Afterwork, Integration evenings …),
- Join our Expert Community and test the latest technical innovations on our Sandbox,
Our know-how accompany you at the heart of several trades: engineering in information systems and industrial, scientific, aeronautical, automotive and financial IT.
Do you want to give new turn to your career? Look no further, be part of the consultants who will join Apside in 2020!
Follow Apside on social networks! LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube @ApsideGroupe #Talentdetection # Digital #Innovation
Apside is committed to the employment of people with disabilities with its subsidiary Apsid’EA: 1st adapted company fully integrated into an ESN!