Our client is actively looking for several experimented .NET (C#) developers to work in one of its development teams. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle: adding new product features, maintaining existing features as well as end user support and bug resolution. The focus will be on back-end development but can also include front-end adaptations.
Based on detailed analysis (UML), the candidate will produce qualitative code. The candidate will also participate in the solution design, in collaboration with the technical architect and other development team members. Ideally, the candidate has relevant experience in corporate-wide projects.
- Actively participate in the Scrum-based development team
- Design and implement new functionalities and maintain existing ones.
- Automate tests (unit tests, integration tests) as part of the day-to-day work.
- Realize end user support. Help in bug finding and resolution.
- Collaborate with operations teams to deploy and configure the software in production.
- Communicate with all members of the development team to, i.e.
- understand business drivers
- come to the best possible solution to meet the customer requirements
- discuss code during pair programming and code reviews
- determine which test scenarios to automate
- Communicate with the technical lead to understand the constraints of the application architecture that must be followed.
- Provide estimations for future development work during product backlog refinements
- Propose improvements, both:
- technical improvements to our products
- process improvements within the dev team and across teams
- Master one of both national languages (French/Dutch) and have at least a good understanding of the other. Be fluent in English (both spoken and written).
- Be an active team player within the scrum team (pair programming, code reviews, team discussion, refinements, …) who understands that creating great software is a team effort
- Be able to focus your efforts to deliver customer value. Be able to work according to the priorities set by the product owner.
- Have an open and transparent mindset to allow for continuous improvement
- Live by boy scouts rule: always leave code in a better state than the way you found it
- Be able to learn the complex business model of Gas Flow Management
- Ability to develop on the .Net platform in a structured way according to the coding conventions and rules.
- Master the technical stack:
- .Net Core & .Net 4.6
- ASP.NET MVC & WebApi
- WCF (when adapting existing applications)
- SqlServer, Entity Framework
- Oracle, NHibernate (when adapting existing applications)
- Design patterns